Thursday 31 October 2013

Bible Challenge day 32

So it's been a month already. I have enjoyed the challenge, and managed to take my Bible out with me most of the time, except for a few times when I forgot.

One thing I learned is that when I am feeling grumpy and don't want to read my Bible, that is the best time to do it. The other day I read when I didn't feel like it, and found this great verse:

2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I didn't have anyone asking me why I was carrying my Bible around, which is a shame, but I guess it's still a good witness. The more people see something, the more normal it becomes, and I would love for Bible reading in public to be more normal.

I probably enjoyed reading my Bible the most on the bus, so I think I will still take it out with me on public transport. Also it was cool having it at church for the first time in years.

Hopefully my co-challengees  also enjoyed their task. :)



Be the change you want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment